Chalk Style Paint Chalk White Sample Pot - 90ml
Chalk Style Paint is a casual chalky interior matte paint in 20 contemporary colours. This new palette complements our lively Milk Paint line with colours inspired by relaxed Scandinavian hues, British tradition and American favourites.
See our YouTube video Comparing Chalk Style Paint to Milk Paint.
Clear Coating over Whites - Important Information: General Finishes does not recommend using a clear top coat over Snow White Milk Paint or Chalk White Chalk Style Paint. Pure white colours may yellow under water or oil top coats, this degree of colour change is usually deemed unacceptable. If you are spraying we recommend using Enduro White Poly. As always, it is the responsibility of the end user to test and ensure the colour meets their satisfaction.
- EXISTING FINISHES: Clean using scotch brite pad and a 50|50 mix of denatured alcohol and water. Buff lightly with a #180 'Super Fine' sanding pad and remove dust with oil free tack cloth.
- RAW WOOD: Sand with the grain using #120 grit followed by 'Super Fine' #180-grit paper or pad. Remove dust with oil free tack cloth.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Apply LIBERALLY with a foam brush, bristle brush, paint pad applicator or foam roller.
- SPRAYING: Can be sprayed through compressed air, HVLP, airless or C.A.S. units. Fluid tip sizes should be as follows: Compressed air - 1.3mm (.050"), HVLP - 1.8mm (.072"), Airless - 0.33mm (.013"). Use medium size air caps. Check with you equipment supplier for proper tip sizes. If thinning is needed, add 5% -10 water.
- Lightly buff between coats with 'Super Fine' #180 sanding pad or 220 grit (or higher) sandpaper. Remove dust with an oil free tack cloth.
- 2-3 coats are recommended.
DRY TIME: 2-4 hours under ideal conditions (21°C, 70% humidity). Cooler temperatures and higher humidity will prolong dry time up to 10 hours.
THINNING: Thin with 5-15% GF Extender or water.
TOPCOATS: For more durability, Chalk Style Paint can be topcoated with water based GF High Performance, GF Flat Out Flat, or Enduro Professional topcoats. Topcoating is highly recommended in high use areas such as table tops and cabinets. It is not required for low use items such as a book shelf. Also use a topcoat if you want a smoother surface because it is a more textural finish than Milk Paint. Because Chalk Style Paint is more porous, the first layer of topcoat will be rougher than it is over Milk Paint. Oil topcoats may be used after a 24 hour dry time, but they will amber over light colours.
CLEANUP: Warm, soapy water.
COVERAGE: 9.8 m2/litre.
STORAGE: Keep from freezing. Avoid storing paint in temperatures above 27°C.